Sunday, May 5, 2024

Brad Mondo XMondo Hair Color Is Here to Boost Your At-Home Hue

brad mondo hair color

People who were eager to learn how to educate themselves more about hair and those who wanted to do their hair at home turned to videos on Mondo’s different social media platforms. He also launched XMONDO during the height of the pandemic. Brad Mondo, hairstylist and founder of Xmondo, has launched eight vibrant semipermanent hair color shades from his line with Sally Beauty.

Super-flex Wave Gel

But something that’s just as impressive as Mondo’s knowledge of hair? His sense of style, which is worth a follow alone. Mondo has a great deal of respect for his customers, and when he is working on developing new products, he considers their feedback.

Purple + Pink Shift

My TikToks evolved from posting random funny videos of myself to posting more videos focused on just hair. At first, I didn’t know you could be so niche on TikTok, then I realized that people wanted the same thing on TikTok from me that they get on YouTube, just shortened. Chances are, that’s where you know Mondo’s name and face from. The hairstylist is all over YouTube and TikTok with his popular “hairstylist reacts” videos. From allover bleach that quickly turns orange to extremely uneven haircuts, he’s seen it all. And his reaction, while sometimes shocked, is never mean.

Pink + Red Shift

brad mondo hair color

It’s a mixture between me naturally not being mean, and me not wanting to ever make somebody feel like their life is over because their hair looks bad. It’s all fun, it’s just to make people laugh. Brad grew up in the hair industry following the footsteps of his late father who was a salon owner and hairstylist. Brad experimented with every hair care and color product he could get his hand on for many years. I think the whole “I’m sorry, Brad Mondo” trend is hilarious. I hope nobody ruins their hair on purpose for me, though.

I Bleached & Colored My Hair At Home With Brad Mondo's Help - Elite Daily

I Bleached & Colored My Hair At Home With Brad Mondo's Help.

Posted: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 07:00:00 GMT [source]

By submitting this form, you agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g. cart reminders) from XMONDO at the cell number used when signing up. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. I’m learning so much as I go, so that’s the difference. Especially after I’ve done over three years of YouTube videos, twice a week or more, it gets to a stage where it definitely is a lot. I still consider it work and I do really enjoy it, but if I could just sit in the office every day and work on products, that’d be my dream. But then again, I also love the fans, and I love making people happy through my videos.

Plant-Based Protein

The lighter your starting level is the brighter the color will be. Creators have previously complained about low compensation rates from TikTok’s creator fund. Most recently, a glitch was reported that prevented new influencers from getting paid.

“I’ve only seen a handful of those videos, where it’s tragic,” he says. He understands that this long into quarantine, people are going to take their hair into their own hands but there are ways to minimize the damage. He found that the only way to get healthier hair after coloring, is by doing multiple steps, using a bond-builder and a deep conditioner. With XMondo, he wants to give people an all-in-one, allowing them to keep the integrity of their hair while coloring it. They’ve added those bond-building ingredients (vegan ones!), along with oils and proteins, to help restore hair from the inside out and minimize breakage.

Xmondo Hair Launches Super Gloss Ultra Frizz Defense Spray - Beauty Packaging

Xmondo Hair Launches Super Gloss Ultra Frizz Defense Spray.

Posted: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 08:00:00 GMT [source]

I keep a list of TikTok ideas on my phone. They can come from so many different places, fan requests, scrolling through TikTok, but mostly from just my own boredom. Most of the ideas will be trashed though. I usually look through the list, then pick one for that day and create it. It’s a pretty simple process, to be honest.

His outfits are heavy on designer labels such as Prada, Eckhaus Latta, Loewe, and more, often sourced from cool vintage shops such as James Veloria in Manhattan, too. “I find really great unique pieces there,” Mondo says. Still, the worst videos he’s seen are the ones where people bleach their hair until it literally breaks apart and falls off. That’s actually the first video he’s ever reacted to.

brad mondo hair color

Many creators tag Mondo in their videos, in the hopes of him duet-ing their posts. (“Sorry, Brad Mondo,” they’ll say as they document their unprofessional, at-home attempts). Sometimes he’s horrified at the end results, other times he’s thoroughly impressed.

When he first moved to New York, he could not have had more of a different style from me. He was working in corporate America before he came to work with me, so you can imagine what his style was like. I’m very loud all the time and he's a bit more subdued. I dress him up in my craziest looks and he rocks them. “I like becoming an entirely new person every couple of months,” he says.

I love being able to connect with people from around the world. Meeting fans in person is one of the best parts about my job, so I hope to do more of that when it’s safe. My dad is a hairstylist and owned a salon, so being a creative kid in that environment, I naturally took a liking to it.

I look through my old videos sometimes, even ones from a couple months ago, and I can’t believe that’s the same person as I am today. I love transforming myself constantly because it gives me that ‘new’ feeling that I’m very much addicted to. Mondo has a personal relationship with Sally Beauty that goes back to his early days as a hairstylist, as it was his go-to store for hair supplies. The retailer is the largest U.S. distributor of semipermanent hair colors.

One of his top hair care tips is to make sure to always have a good shampoo and conditioner and never treat dry hair with a bond-boosting product. “An understanding of your hair type is very important,” he said. Even right now, I’m itching for a change. I may go platinum again… Every season brings out a new Brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hair and beauty vocabulary, Hair and beauty word list

Table Of Content Sign up for the Cut Shop newsletter. Hair straighteners Best for Damaged Hair: Kérastase Genesis Fortifiant Hair Serum What...